In honour of this years 'National Supply Teacher Week', we have decided to bring our 6th Candidate of the Term award forward, in order to present our education professionals with their certificates during the actual week!
This is a great opportunity to celebrate the hard work and dedication our fantastic candidates put in on a daily basis, and reward them for all their efforts.
This term we will be seeing a winning candidate from each sector; Primary, Secondary, SEND and South Yorkshire who will then be presented with a certificate and £50 worth of vouchers in an assembly of yours/the schools choice.
To take part email email@example.com with the name of the candidate you would like to nominate along with the reason to why you think they should win an award!
Nominations are already coming in thick and fast!
Voting closes on the 14th of June 2017.
Our Previous Candidate of the Term Winners;
Neil, Primary Teacher was our first ever Candidate of the Term winner and was nominated by Tammy, Principal at Green Lane Primary Academy for the following reason "We consider him to be part of the Green Lane team, flexible, calm, excellent knowledge base, diligent and accurate, a pleasure to have around school. Neil added value to the school by offering his advice regarding reading comprehension schemes we were looking to invest in, which after reviewing we did"
Caroline, Tutor was nominated by our very own Tuition Lead, Lisa due to the amount of positive feedback she had received from both the carers and pupils she works with, as one describes her as "amazing and both myself and the school have seen progress and confidence in the children. She is an asset to Academic Appointments"
Shabnum, Learning Support Assistant was nominated by Chris, Deputy Headteacher at the Springfield Centre. "I nominated Shabnum because she is always smiley, even when things are tough for her. She helps out where she's needed and is a very popular member of staff"
Jennifer, Primary Teacher was nominated by Waverley Primary Academy for the following reason "Jennifer started with us in September 2016. She very quickly settled into the academy and within 2 months became a member of the middle leadership team, leading maths through the academy and has recently been awarded TLR3. She has been proactive in working towards securing rapid progress for our children in all core subjects, complying with existing policies and rewriting new ones. She has demonstrated her ability to lead and support staff and always comes to see me with solutions as opposed to problems. She has built up excellent and professional relationships with children, parents and staff and is now established as a valuable and committed member of the Waverley family and SLT. Jennifer is coming from strength to strength and it has been a pleasure and a privilege to witness her confidence and skills grow in such a short time"
Our most recent Candidate of the Term winner was Stuart, Design Technology Teacher who was nominated by Chris, Director of 6th Form at Outwood Grange Academy, Arther, Head of DT, and was fully supported by Sabiha, Principal. So far this has been the longest nomination that we have ever received! "I have received your email on 'Candidate of the Term' and I would like to nominate Stuart. Stuart is, first and foremost a fantastic teacher and one of the most supportive people I have ever had the privilege to work with - I know the rest of DT will echo that sentiment. He is an integral member of the department and, in the last few years, Stuart has demonstrated, not only his passion for DT but more so his attributes as a team player. I would like to hightlight a few of the things he has done to contribute to the department/school.
1. He has taken on a Yr7 food class, having not taught the subject before, and has demonstrated his professionalism by always being fully prepared for each lesson, having practised at home, in his own time.
2. If he is free he ALWAYS looks for a class to assist in, thinking of others before himself.
3. He will always ask John and Helen, the DT Technicians, as well as myself if he can help with any preparation work or tasks we may have.
4. Stuart always stays for L&P and department time, even though technically, he doesn't have to.
5. Stuart setup, and runs, the infamous and much-ballyhooed Subbuteo enrichment, where students learn about the regulatory and non-regulatory practices within Subbuteo, as well as occasionally playing a game or two.
6. Students appreciate him and the lessons he teaches, where learning is always evident, and they get to make some fantastic outcomes.
7. He compliments the department beautifully and has a good (occasionally outstanding) sense of humour
8. Stuart is always in early, to prepare for lessons, and stays late if he can help anyone.All in all, he is a fantastic teacher, team player and member of the department who is prepared to do all he can to ensure the students and staff have a fantastic experience at OGA"
Academic Appointments would like to thank all the schools who have previously taken part in our Candidate of the Term Award. These education professionals are outstanding ambassadors for Academic Appointments!
We are looking forward to presenting our next Candidate of the Term winners!