Academic Appointments are working alongside an alternative provision in the Wakefield area who are looking to appoint an ASDAN Tutor.
Working to a varied and interactive curriculum, the successful applicant will be calm and adaptable to an always changing routine. The role is providing ASDAN tuition to KS3 and KS4 who are exhibit challenging behaviours and some social and emotional needs.
The provision offers a high-quality education for pupils with a wide range of special educational needs such as SEBD, Autism, ODD and ADHD. Their focus is to increase learners’ self-esteem and self-worth to encourage them to achieve.
Team Teach training is desirable for this setting. If you have not gained a Team Teach qualification before, candidates would be encouraged to complete this training through ourselves.
The role is due to start immediately on an on-going basis. Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a Pupil Referral Unit or with challenging behaviour
- Good knowledge and understanding of ASDAN is required
- Team Teach training is desirable but not essential
- Two satisfactory references
- A valid DBS certificate, or be willing to obtain one
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more information Benefits to YOU include: Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business