Academic Appointments are currently working alongside a Special School in Leeds to appoint an open-minded and proactive Behaviour Support Worker to start as soon as possible.
The school caters for pupils aged 2 to 19 years, on different specialist and mainstream sites supporting a wide range of moderate learning difficulties; severe learning difficulties; complex & multiple needs; Asperger’s; Autism and Social, Emotional & Mental Health Needs. Some students have physical, medial, speech & language, visual and hearing or sensory impairments. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate has previous experience of working with Complex Communication Needs and Autism. All staff at the school are committed to their pupils and strive to bring out the very best in all. The school was graded ‘Good’ in its last Ofsted inspection, with the ‘leadership and management’ being rated as ‘Outstanding’.
This particular role will include supporting pupils on a one to one basis so it is essential that you have experience doing so.
This is a full-time and ongoing role.
- Previous experience or a specialism in working with Complex Communication Needs and Autism
- Ability to work with pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Strong behaviour management skills
- 2x references
- A valid DBS or willing to obtain
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1009 for more information Benefits to YOU include: Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.