Academic Appointments are working alongside a Special School in the Bradford area who are looking to appoint Care to Education Support.
This is an all age range Specialist School for pupils with communication and interaction difficulties, severe learning difficulties, Autism and associated sensory processing needs. Therefore, the role will require working with primary and secondary aged pupils.
Staff here are absolutely committed and determined that every child will succeed and are looking for individuals who can also commit to this.
This position is ideal for those with experience of working in a care
setting and are seeking to work within the education sector.
Team Teach training is desirable for this setting. If you have not gained a Team Teach qualification before, candidates would be encouraged to complete this training through ourselves.
The role will be up to 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday, and on an on-going basis. Requirements:
- Previous experience of working with young people with complex communication needs and Autism is preferred
- A valid Team Teach certification. Or willingness to complete the training within three months of securing a placement
- Two satisfactory references
- A valid DBS certificate subscribed to the update service, or be willing to obtain one
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more information Benefits to YOU include: Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business