Academic Appointments are supporting a Pupil Referral Unit in the Wakefield area looking to appoint an Complex Needs Teacher. This role is due to commence after the Easter break and is looking for a caring Teacher who can commit for a full term.
This role would be working 1:1 with a pupil who has severe physical needs. This pupil is of KS4 age but working at a low attainment level and is extremely disengaged with education.
During sessions, there will be care staff present to aid the care of this pupil, therefore there will be no medical intervention required from the appointed Teacher.
This role would be working two afternoons per week, with a home setting. The aim of this role is to primarily build a relationship, then lead into educating. Requirements:
- Previous experience teaching pupils with complex needs.
- Ability to commit until July
- QTS is essential
- Two satisfactory references
- A valid DBS certificate subscribed to the update service, or be willing to obtain one
Interested in this job? Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to Olivia@academicappointments.co.uk You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more information Benefits to YOU include: Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.