Academic Appointments are currently working in partnership with a secondary academy in Bradford that focuses on pupil centred learning and paving a successful future for all students.
The role is for a motivated Design and Technology Technician to support the technology department with preparing materials within food and textiles. The main duties will include; set up the equipment before the lessons, use wood work machinery, ensure the equipment is maintained to a high standard, behaviour management within the classroom and assisting the teacher with the class activities. In addition, the successful candidate will uphold the policies of the school, managing supplies and the necessary additional equipment needed as well as liaising with suppliers and external agencies to address these.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have had previous experience as a Design and Technology Technician or in a similar role. You will also need to have excellent knowledge of Health and Safety, have good behaviour management skills and a technical understanding of textiles and the stock required.
- Previous experience in this role
- Health and Safety experience
- Recent experience in similar role
- Two professional references
- Enhanced DBS (on the Update Service or willing to obtain one)
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to email@example.com
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more information Benefits to YOU include: Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business