Academic Appointments are currently supporting an Alternative Provision in the Wakefield area to recruit an Education Tutor for September.
They are seeking an individual who is resilient, sporty, creative and possesses a keen interest in extra-curricular activities.
The provision offers a high-quality education for pupils with a wide variety of special needs, SEBD, Autism, ODD and ADHD.
Their focus is to increase learner’s self-esteem and self-worth to encourage them to achieve. Working to a varied, interactive curriculum, the successful applicant will be calm and adaptable to an always changing routine.
The role will involve;
- Working in classrooms to support class teachers in delivering lessons
- Addressing the needs of pupils who require assistance and guidance with their behaviour management to overcome barriers to learning
- Working with individual pupils to raise awareness of appropriate behaviour and responses
- Implementing 1:1 intervention arrangements with pupils
- Providing support for distressed and challenging pupils
- Supporting pupils with intervention programmes on a 1:1 and small group basis
The role is due to commence September on a temporary basis, however, for the right applicant, there is potential the position could go permanent. Requirements
- Team Teach Qualification
- Previous experience in supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
- Possess a commitment to developing the personality, talents and abilities of all children
- Creative and passionate about meeting the needs of all children
- Ability to form positive relationships
- Well organised and enthusiastic
- Good level of Maths and English
- 2X references
- Valid DBS
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’
Cleared to work in 48 hours!
Candidates who attend our registration interview with all the required documentation can be cleared within 48 hours. Our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, work tirelessly to do so!
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.