Academic Appointments are supporting a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in the Wakefield area looking to appoint an English Teacher. This role is due to commence after the Easter holidays.
This role would be working with KS4 pupils who have been permanently excluded from their mainstream setting. Experience working within a similar setting delivering English Functional Skills is essential.
The provision are looking for a patient and supportive Teacher. Holding Team Teach qualification would be advantageous for this position.
This post would be a full time, ongoing appointment.
- Previous experience working in a PRU/with challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of English Functional Skills L1&2
- Must hold QTS or relevant teaching qualification
- Two satisfactory references
- A valid DBS certificate subscribed to the update service, or be willing to obtain one
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to Olivia@academicappointments.co.uk
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more informationBenefits to YOU include:Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.