Academic Appointments are working alongside an Alternative Education Provider in the Leeds area who are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant immediately.
This provision caters for pupils who have serve Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs who often display challenging behaviour. All pupils are within the 11-16 age range.
This provision are seeking a resilient individual who holds strong behaviour management skills. The successful candidate will have worked within a similar educational setting previously and is experienced in working on a 1:1 basis with SEMH.
Team Teach training is desirable for this setting. If you have not gained a Team Teach qualification before, candidates would be encouraged to complete this training through ourselves.
The role is due to start immediately, and would be a full time ongoing appointment. Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a Pupil Referral Unit or with challenging behaviour on a 1:1 basis
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Team Teach training is desirable for this setting
- Two satisfactory references
- A valid DBS certificate subscribed to the update service, or be willing to obtain one
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to email@example.com
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more information Benefits to YOU include: Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business