Are you an experienced Support Assistant looking to work in a PRU where staff desire to give pupils an opportunity and offer fresh starts each day? Highlights:
- Full-time position
- 5-month temporary contract
- Sports/Outdoor Education focus
- ‘Good’ rated Ofsted
- Leadership are ‘committed to staff development’
- Pupils and staff understand and respect each other, which enables the avoidance of unnecessary conflicts
Academic Appointments are currently working alongside an Alternative Provision in the Wakefield, West Yorkshire area to appoint a Behaviour Support Worker (BSW) who is passionate about providing the best possible education for vulnerable students.
The provision works in partnership with local primary and secondary schools to provide an alternative education for SEMH pupils that have been permanently excluded from school.
This specific role is to work with Key Stage 4 (Year 10 students), with a focus on undertaking outdoor activities as part of their curriculum. These children have been excluded from mainstream school however they are not violent and do not require physical intervention.
Someone from a sports background or that has done a sports degree/Qualification would be ideal, also experience of working with children and/or challenging behaviour.
The successful applicant will start after the half term break and will be required until October at least.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and successful provision that offers excellent professional development opportunities for its staff.
This role is due to commence for September, on a full-time and ongoing basis. Requirements:
- An outdoor education background is preferred but not essential
- Degree qualified in a sports-related subject is desirable
- Experience of working with challenging behaviours is essential
- You will have resilience, patience and good behaviour management skills
- A valid DBS or be willing to obtain one
- Two references from an educational setting
If this is the role for you, what you waiting for? Apply with your CV and/or contact details by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button. Cleared to work in 48 hours! Candidates who attend our registration interview with all the required documentation can be cleared within 48 hours. Our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, work tirelessly to do so!
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.